MP3 to MIDI
- Step 1: To convert MP3 to MIDI simply submit the MP3 audio file to the uploader
- Step 2: Wait until the conversion into the MIDI format is complete
- Step 3: Once done, download the file and enjoy.
Why MP3 to MIDI conversions are tricky:
The bad news first: It is not possible with current technology to convert MP3 to MIDI without quality loss due to the fundamental differences between the MP3 and the MIDI file format. The MIDI format can be considered to be a set of commands that produce the sound (think of it as sheet music if you want), while MP3 encodes frequencies. For a perfect conversion from MP3 to MIDI, you would need to back-engineer the partitur of a Beethoven symphony while listening to its performance. This is a problem that still is not fully solved.
What can this audio converter do for you?
For rather simple, instrumental MP3 files our algorithms produce MIDI files with quite acceptable quality. On the other hand, it will not be able to convert a complex chorus to the MIDI format. But the MIDI format is also not made for a complex chorus, since it was designed for electronic audio sequences. The best you can do is to try the converter and see if the result fits your requirements.
What are the advantages of the MIDI format?
MIDI is an audio format which is an acronym that stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It comes with an extension “.midi” or “.mid”. It’s a digital protocol to connect audio devices that collaborate and control sounds — such as synthesizers, samplers, and computers. This way, they can communicate with each other, using MIDI messages. Its main advantages are:
- MIDI file sizes are smaller than the others so take less space on a drive.
- Everything on the audio file is editable.
- You can also change the effects.
- You can mix up the volume.