FLV to MP4
- Step 1: Select an FLV File: Click on the “Choose File” button and select the FLV file from your computer. You can also drag it to the uploader on the right.
- Step 2: Upload the selected file, let the upload complete to wait until the conversion from FLV to MP4 is done.
- Step 3: Download the converted MP4 video
What is FLV?
FLV stands for Flash Video, a file format that is used to store and stream video content on the internet. FLV files can be played by Adobe Flash Player or other compatible software. FLV files are often used for online video platforms such as YouTube, Hulu, and Vimeo. FLV files have the advantage of being small in size and compatible with most web browsers and devices. However, FLV files also have some drawbacks, such as low quality, lack of support for subtitles and metadata, and vulnerability to security issues. Therefore, FLV files are gradually being replaced by other formats such as MP4 and WebM.How do I convert an FLV file to MP4?
If you have a video file in FLV format and you want to convert it to MP4 format, you can use our converter app. Our app is easy to use and supports various input and output formats.
Offers FLV better quality than MP4?
FLV and MP4 are two popular video formats that can be used for different purposes. FLV is a Flash-based format that is mainly used for streaming videos on the web, while MP4 is a standard format that is compatible with most devices and platforms. The quality of a video depends on various factors, such as the resolution, bitrate, codec, and compression method. Generally speaking, MP4 offers better quality than FLV for the same file size, because MP4 uses more advanced and efficient codecs, such as H.264 or HEVC, that can preserve more details and reduce artifacts. However, FLV may have some advantages over MP4 in certain situations, such as when the bandwidth is limited or when the video needs to be embedded in a web page. In these cases, FLV may offer faster loading and smoother playback than MP4.
Which players support FLV?
FLV is a file format that is used to store video and audio data. It is commonly used for streaming media over the internet, especially on websites like YouTube and Vimeo. However, not all players can play FLV files natively. Some of the players that support FLV are:
VLC Media Player: This is a free and open-source player that can play almost any media format, including FLV. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and other platforms. You can download it from https://www.videolan.org/vlc/.
Adobe Flash Player: This is a browser plugin that can play FLV files embedded in web pages. It is widely used for online video and interactive content.
FLV Player: This is a simple and easy-to-use player that can play FLV files on your desktop. It has a minimal interface and supports drag-and-drop functionality.
The FLV file format is a (container, file) that saves video, audio, text, and metadata. It is saved with an extension .flv. FLV files are programmed (encoded) with the Sorensen Spark, VP6, Screen Video, and AVC video codecs. As for audio encoding, the FLV container takes up MP3, Nellymoser, ADPSM, and AAC. Since FLV is designed for online streaming, the specific video format specifications are crafted to provide smooth video and audio playback.
Video Data: MP4 file is encoded in various codecs, such as MPEG-4 Part 10 (H.264/AVC), MPEG-H Part 2. It also comes with (H.265/HEVC), and MPEG-4 Part 2 in later versions.
Audio Data: Primarily synchronized with AAC compression, which is the same format of audio compression utilized in .AAC files.
Subtitle data - Systematically saved in the MPEG-4 Streaming textual format, which is also known as MPEG-4 Part 17 and MPEG-4 Timed Text (MP4TT).
- FLV video format takes up higher disk space on computer thus gives HD to UHD results.
- Flash files look the same and compatible to work equally well on PCs, Macs, Linux, etc.
- Flash files FLV provide unparalleled options when it comes to interactive content and other advanced video streaming features.
- Easy to read for the tools.
- Great picture quality
- Various codec reader
- Easy to play and convert
- Conversion rate time is longer
- Distribution system interruption when played on various systems.
- Some glitches may occur while playing on window media player.
- Audio may drift out of sync with the video in some cases because of glitches with codecs or codec-player compatibility.
- Large File size may occur with problem while playing.
- Windows Media Player (New Windows versions)
- Tonec Free FLV player
- VLC media player
- Axara media player
- Apple Media Player
- VLC Media Player
- Window Media Player
- iPhone and Android video players
FLV to MP4 converter quality rating
4.9 / 5 (based on 305 reviews )