FLV to MP4
- Step 1: Select an FLV File: Click on the “Choose File” button and select the FLV file from your computer. You can also drag it to the uploader on the right.
- Step 2: Upload the selected file, let the upload complete to wait until the conversion from FLV to MP4 is done.
- Step 3: Download the converted MP4 video
FLV to MP4 Converter
An FLV file format is a video format file that is saved in the Adobe Flash Video. It is shortened with Flash Video (FLV) container format. It contains a short header, synchronized standard audio and video data streams (encoded the same way as streams in the standard Flash). It would come with extension .SWF. Later, “.flv” extension was introduced. FLV file stores chained metadata packets.
The FLV file format is a (container, file) that saves video, audio, text, and metadata. It is saved with an extension .flv. FLV files are programmed (encoded) with the Sorensen Spark, VP6, Screen Video, and AVC video codecs. As for audio encoding, the FLV container takes up MP3, Nellymoser, ADPSM, and AAC. Since FLV is designed for online streaming, the specific video format specifications are crafted to provide smooth video and audio playback.
Video Data: MP4 file is encoded in various codecs, such as MPEG-4 Part 10 (H.264/AVC), MPEG-H Part 2. It also comes with (H.265/HEVC), and MPEG-4 Part 2 in later versions.
Audio Data: Primarily synchronized with AAC compression, which is the same format of audio compression utilized in .AAC files.
Subtitle data - Systematically saved in the MPEG-4 Streaming textual format, which is also known as MPEG-4 Part 17 and MPEG-4 Timed Text (MP4TT).
- FLV video format takes up higher disk space on computer thus gives HD to UHD results.
- Flash files look the same and compatible to work equally well on PCs, Macs, Linux, etc.
- Flash files FLV provide unparalleled options when it comes to interactive content and other advanced video streaming features.
- Easy to read for the tools.
- Great picture quality
- Various codec reader
- Easy to play and convert
- Conversion rate time is longer
- Distribution system interruption when played on various systems.
- Some glitches may occur while playing on window media player.
- Audio may drift out of sync with the video in some cases because of glitches with codecs or codec-player compatibility.
- Large File size may occur with problem while playing.
- Windows Media Player (New Windows versions)
- Tonec Free FLV player
- VLC media player
- Axara media player
- Apple Media Player
- VLC Media Player
- Window Media Player
- iPhone and Android video players