AVI to WebM
- Step 1 - Upload the AVI video you want to convert at the right.
- Step 2 - Be patient: It's going to take a bit to convert from AVI to WebM.
- Step 3: Click Download your converted WebM video after conversion immediately.
AVI TO WebM Conversion
AVI is a video container or file that contains along with encoding both audio and video. This container has less compression suitability than other similar formats but still it is compatible by most of the DVD players and digital players. The AVI stands for Audio-Video Interleaved giving abbreviation (AVI). The multimedia players must possess the AVI codec format in order to decode AVI data.
How to Convert AVI to WebM
AVI files are easy to convert to WebM with online web app or mobile app. Follow the following procedure to convert AVI file to WebM.
Step No.1: Choose an AVI file or link to convert
Locate and select an AVI file to convert into WebM file. Click on the “Choose File” button to select from your computer.
Step No.2: Select WebM Format from the Options
Now click on the “Choose Type” button to convert AVI to WebM. Let the conversion happen.
Step No.3: Download the Converted File
Click on Download button to save the converted webm file to your computer.
The AVI and WebM Video formats in Comparison
The following table gives you a detailed comparison between the AVI and WebM video formats also discussing all their pros and cons.
The AVI video format can depict high-quality video and audio and generally uses less compression than other similar video formats such as .MPEG and .MOV. While this implies that the video quality will be refine, it results in large AVI file sizes, which can be problematic for the users with limited storage.
A WebM is an open media container file generally in audio compressed with VP8 video codec and Vorbis audio codec. WebM format offers high video playback quality and data compression parameters. The format is widely adopted for adding media to online media such as web pages and it is supported by all modern web-browsers like Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The embedding of WebM videos to a webpage displays without delays and errors. WebM is meant to be an alternative to the h.264 standard. The copyright of the extension is possessed by Google well.
- A good number of codecs presently available that can be used to achieve the desired ratio nad quality when you compress files online. Examples: DivX and XviD.
- AVI video file has exceptionally with HD along with high-quality audio fidelity.
- The quality presents with AVI is excellent for master files.
- High-quality videos streaming
- Free and open for all Available on major video sites like YouTube, 4chan, Vimeo, etc.
- Audio-visual competibility.
AVI files, in case of uncompressed, can be very large in size as compared to the other file formats.
AVI isn’t good for supporting softsubs.
Limited number of audio players.
- Less popular for general use.
- VLC for iOS,
- VLC for Android,
- J2 Interactive
- MX Player (Android),
- OPlayer (iOS).
- Windows Media Player (so early as DirectShow Filters are installed, too)